Sunday, November 29, 2015

Liar, Liar, My Trousers Are On Fire.

I have written this over and over again.
Each time with a different spin.
This is the chance to lie about who I am.
This is the chance to justify what I have written.
This is the chance to rationalize myself to you.
Maybe I am just crazy.
Maybe I am unrealistically sane.
Whatever I am.
That is what I am.
I am Thomas Edward Holdman Jr.
Son of Thomas Edward Holdman Sr.
Who is the son of William Floyd Holdman
And he is the son of the late William James Holdman.
Anyways thats my name.
And thats my lineage.
But that is not who I am.
I am what I have written.
For better or worse.
So now you know my name.
But if you read my work.
You already knew me.

8 comments:

  1. I love this take on the reveal. We've already revealed so much through our writing, in a lot of ways we do know each other already. Great to know that you're Thomas now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am what I have written" love that. so so true.

    nice to meet you, Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog has been one of my favorites! nice to finally meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic reveal. I love the family tree idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a thinker.

    "This is the chance to lie about who I am." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. I love your words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *standing ovation*.
    So.
    Good.
    TJ.... you are honestly my hero. The biggest gentleman, the most fit, the best dressed, most talented, most incredible person. I love you, man. With all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "But if you read my work.
    You already knew me."

    loved this. nice to meet you (:

    ReplyDelete